Skip to main content

Income Protection

How long could you continue to pay all your bills if you were off work due to an accident or illness?

None of us like to think that something bad will happen to us but year on year close to a million people are off work for longer than a month, due to an accident or illness. If that was you how long could you continue to cover all your household outgoings simply from savings or sick pay?

At Protectus Healthcare, we specialise in income protection, providing solutions that protect you and your family. We’ll work with you to understand your individual preferences and create a bespoke insurance plan.

What is income protection?

Income protection, for which there are two types, covers you If you’re unable to work due to illness or injury. The policy will ensure you’re still able to pay your bills, offering peace of mind

The two types of cover are:

Long term income protection: Also known as permanent health insurance, this cover is fully underwritten at the time of application and after a defined agreed deferred period will pay out until retirement, death or your return to work.

Short term income protection: This is generally cheaper and comes in various forms such as Accident, Sickness & Unemployment (ASU) or Mortgage Payment Protection (MPPI). These policies do not generally conduct full underwriting and payout only within a short, specified period of one to two years.

Why choose us for your income protection?

Years of experience in income protection: As an independent health insurance broker, we’re specialists in the field and have decades of experience in providing advice to a wide range of clients.

Personalised service offering: No matter what your circumstances are, we’ll work with you to develop an income protection policy that meets your preferences.

Partners of leading insurers: We’ve built strong connections with leading insurers and will make sure you get the most cost-effective income protection policy.

Get a quote for Income Protection

How long could you continue to pay all your bills if you were off work due to an accident or illness?
Get a quote


Contact Us

For further information on income protection insurance or private health insurance advice, please contact us below.

Request a callback

We’d love to have a chat. Feel free to call, send an email or complete our simple contact form and we shall come back to you